Children are not eligible to use our website and services. If you are under age 18, please do not attempt to use our services or provide any personal information about yourself to us. Further, in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, if we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information.
Information We Collect From You
We collect data from you:
- When you use our SoloHealth Station or access your health assessment and account information through our website;
- When you enter additional information on our website or SoloHealth Station;
- When you request services from us;
- When you submit questions to us about our services; and In some circumstances, in which you will specifically be asked to provide authorization, SoloHealth may collect and temporarily store basic information and your assessment and screening results for purposes of sharing them with third parties, such as your health plan.
Some of the information that we collect is personally identifiable to you (“Personal Information”), such as: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, age, gender, date of birth, health insurance agency member id and health information. The scope of information collected will depend on how you use the SoloHealth technologies. You do not have to provide us personal information to use the SoloHealth Station. However, if you want to use certain features of our services, we ask for certain personal information.
- If you want to receive a copy of your health assessment, you must provide us with your email address.
- Some of the information you provide us, such as age, gender and date of birth, is necessary for us to complete an accurate assessment or screening. However, as noted, you do not have to provide us with your personal information to use our assessment and screening services.
- Your health insurance member id, name, e-mail address or phone number may be necessary if you request or authorize us to submit your information, assessment or screening to a third party (for example, your health insurance provider or your employer). In these situations, the screen will notify you about the information that is being collected, why, and how it will be shared, and you will be able to choose whether you want to proceed.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your Personal Information to:
- Administer your account;
- Verify your identity;
- Provide you with services and customer support;
- Tailor the features, performance and support of our website and services to you;
- Market our products and services, as well as those of third parties, which we believe may be of interest to you, if permitted by law or authorized by you;
- Respond to your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
- Improve the quality of our website and our services;
- Communicate with you about the website and our services;
- Communicate your screening and assessment results with third parties, if you authorize it; and
- For website administration and troubleshooting.
Notwithstanding the above, we may freely use your Anonymous Information and information with all personal identifiers removed (“De-Identified Information”).
How We Share Your Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties when we believe that the sharing is permitted by you, reasonably necessary to offer our services, or when legally required to do so. For example, we may share your Personal Information:
- With third-party vendors who help us provide services on the website or who provide additional goods and services through the website;
- In certain circumstances, to third parties to whom you specifically ask us to send such information (for example, your health insurance company);
- If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company; or
Notwithstanding the above, we may freely share Anonymous Information and De-Identified Information publicly or with third parties, including for marketing, research and analysis purposes.
Use and Disclosure of Protected Health Information
The privacy of the individually identifiable health information we collect in connection with some of our relationships with health plans, health insurers, health care clearinghouses, other health care providers (“Covered Entities”), and large employers may be protected by federal law (HIPAA, the HITECH Act, and their regulations). Your individually identifiable health information may also be protected by state privacy laws in some instances. This health information is “protected health information” (“PHI”). In providing our services, we may be a “Business Associate” (as defined by HIPAA regulations), but we are not a Covered Entity. Your PHI will only be used for the purpose of supplying you with products or services that you request, for our own management and administration purposes, or for other purposes for which you have given your consent, except where otherwise permitted by law.
For example, we may use your PHI to communicate with you regarding products, services, and features that may be of interest to you and that are offered by our affiliates and business partners, if you authorize it. We may also use and share your personal contact information to communicate with you about products and services that you have requested through Solohealth.com, or a SoloHealth Station, if you give us permission to do so.
In instances where you have authorized SoloHealth to use and disclose your PHI for certain purposes, such consent may be withdrawn in the future. You may withdraw your consent by sending your request in writing to:
11555 Medlock Bridge Road Suite 190
Duluth, Georgia 30097
Please note that your withdrawal will not be effective until your request is received, and will not apply to uses and disclosures made in reliance on your consent.
Access to Your Personal Information
You may request to access and correct the personal information we maintain about you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by logging in to your account at SoloHealth.com and updating your account information. In some cases, you may also use the SoloHealth Station to update information we maintain about you.
Decisions About Your Information
You can choose not to submit your information to us, but if you do not submit the information requested, you may not be able to access many of the products, services, and features that we offer.
If you do not wish to receive communications from SoloHealth about products, services, or features that may be of interest, you can unsubscribe to any e-mail that we may send to you. We will include an opt-out link or reply address in each e-mail that we send. Please allow up to 10 business days to process your request. After unsubscribing, you may still receive messages about the status of your account, order or request, to resolve technical issues, or to confirm a new subscription.
Important Information for California Consumers
If you reside in California, you may request information about our disclosures of your protected health information or personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us by e-mail at Privacy@Solohealth.com. Within thirty days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of protected health information or personally identifiable information disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted other than as specified in the above paragraph.
We employ reasonable physical, electronic and managerial security methods to help protect against unauthorized access to Personal Information. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet or data storage facility can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you provide to us, and you do so at your own risk. Please report any security violations or concerns to us at Privacy@Solohealth.com.
Last Updated: December 15, 2013